Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall of the House of Snot

You know...is it too much to ask that only one family member at a time gets the snotty allergy plague? Just like putting a seashell up to your ear to hear the ocean, put your ear up to our front door and you'll hear a TB ward. When investigating hoarders, they often find them buried to death under a pile Time-Life books and ShamWow's stuffed into pizza boxes. I feel strongly that during Fall in East Tennessee they will find our family buried under a massive pile of Puffs Plus, Vicks VapoRub and Breathe Right strips. Our eldest came home early today, choking on her excess drainage...TMI, I know, but 'tis true. She was promptly Mucinexed and introduced to the tasty fizziness of Airborne Strawberry. I left her to pick up the youngers who entered the car sounding something akin to Marge SImpson's sisters. Needless to say, they were Mucinexed as well and told to blow their noses and wash their hands in case they brought the plague home from school. Not that it matters...I have it too. One can sit through major high and low temperature changes on the soccer fields only so many times before the sinuses cry "UNCLE!".

Anyhoo. I took the least plaguey of the children to her guitar lesson today. She has progressed enough on "Ode To Joy" that he has decided to add "Amazing Grace" to her repertoire. If only her teacher saw how she demonstrates her cool dance moves whilst playing hymns on her classical guitar. Somehow "The Sprinkler" and Beethoven are somewhat of an unholy pairing...but maybe Ludwig might dig it.

Well my three gentle readers, I am off to use my genie lamp, as S calls it, and neti pot this gunk out of my sinuses. Again, TMI, but it is my life. LTD.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment