Sunday, September 1, 2013

Can I skip tonight and sleep?

I apologize ahead of time. I am exhausted. Sleep is not coming easy these days...even more so than usual. Last night I had corn chips with our meal and they just about killed me. Between drinking a liter of water and chewing Tums all night, I got about three hours of sleep. Today was a bit stressful at work. The holiday/post football game/communion Sunday slump hit hard and attendance was way down. Grown ups forgot to let me know they would be absent, which in turn threw the whole flow of the hallway off. Some creative assembling of classes happened on the fly. I was just fried and tired by going home time. A tiny power nap did little except left me wanting more sleep. We took the kids to the park to ride their bikes. I think I had about 14 near heart attacks watching the boy ride. His style is akin to that of a baby giraffe riding a unicycle. Wobbly and spastic. He can ride in a straight line...I've seen him do it. He just chooses not to do so. The heat and humidity finally got the best of us and we had to leave. Dinner came and went. Homework was finished and now the family reading of "Superfudge" is continuing. If only you could hear the verbal equivalent of my typing...it would all be slurred. Barely holding on, frinds. Night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment