Sunday, September 22, 2013

Awards show hell

Tonight as I type, I am watching the Emmy's. With the exception of a very few, I love awards shows. Well, I love the TV and movie ones. I can't help it. The fancy clothes and the silly production numbers and the stars we love and, well, kind of don't. The hub, on the other hand, HATES awards shows. Hate, hate, hates them. He is currently downstairs probably watching some sort of sport involving a ball and running. Poor guy. Through the years, he has tolerated my Oscar checklist and recording of the red carpet presentations. I know I need to get a life. But at least they aren't on all the time.

On a completely different note, we went to Agape Fest at the Agape House today. Agape House works with and houses men with persistent mental illness. Our church supports them through our missions outreach monies. We also take leftovers from our church meals to them as well. My brother, the hub, the kids and I went to their little festival, played some games and met some residents and employees. The boy got very competitive with some ladder ball:



We had a good time and the kids got to meet some people who needed some extra smiles. A win-win for all of us. Happy Sunday.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment