Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dressed for success...or not

After a long and interesting morning at work/church, I returned to the ranch tired and ready for a nap. Then it hit me, not unlike the feeling when you look at your clock in the morning and see you've overslept by 15 minutes. We have church pictures on Tuesday. GAH!!! The boys can always be in a shirt and tie, zip zap you're done. The girls have grown and, according to the picture people rules, have to wear color and solids if possible. We have off whites, creams and light pinks. So I changed into my Chucks, got the girls to change out of lazy afternoon clothes and we dashed out to shop. You can only imagine the excitement. First store? A bust. Second store? We just had to make do. What I have pictured in my mind for an 11yr old and a 9yr old to wear is shattered and stomped into the ground when I go to the store. Somewhere between grades 3 and 7, the clothes go from cute and neat to streetwalker collection. How annoying. We found something that I think will do. Now I have to find something for myself. Oh well. Afterwards we went to our favorite, Kroger, to get salad fixin's and saw Mr. Don. The girls love him dearly and love to give him a hard time. After an amusing discussion about the benefits and risks involved with the consuming of tofu. If you know Don, you know where he comes down on that one. We finished up our shopping and wanted to get home before we had to leave again for choir. I noticed the car next to us had already gotten to celebrating the upcoming(in a month and a half)Halloween season...I did not know the Steamroller liked the ghoulies:



It was in the seat of a Subaru station wagon with a dog gate for the back. What that has to do with anything, I do not know. It gave me a chuckle. Night.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment