Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pirate pastry predicament

Who reading this likes doughnuts? Anyone? I enjoy one every once in a while. In my hometown, we had a Krispy Kreme downtown. That was during the days that a dozen glazed came in a square box with the pastries on end instead of flat like today. My friend Sarah and I would go sit in there, have a doughnut and a cup of hot chocolate and listen to the little old men visit with each other. It was the hub of the 80+ crowd activity. Today the KK seems to cater a bit more to the younger crowd:




Today in particular was National Talk Like A Pirate Day. If you walked into the the doughnut shop and spoke like said pirates, you got a free doughnut. If you dressed like a pirate, you got a free dozen. I did neither, but my friend R did and this is what they came back with:



Arrrggghh, doughy scalawag. When he talked like a pirate at the cupcake eatery, he came back with this:



The guy doesn't play. Need a pirate to get you pastry? I can hook you up. Until then, find an eyepatch and hook and rehearse for next year...ya scurvied scalawag.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell, but I took my little pirate to both Krispy Kreme locations!! I'm such a trickster!!

    ReplyDelete