Friday, March 1, 2013

Kitty with a dagger...

So today was a relatively good day with some sad sprinkled in to make it interesting in a bad way. I am not being coy, but I cannot the sad details at this time. Give me a bit...but nothing tragic. Just a sad heart. ANYhoo, it was a mostly good day. My master decorator and I worked in my office for several hours today. I have hesitated to do anything to the space. My dear friend was my predecessor and I wanted to show her the proper respect. Most of what I did involved winning the battle of the crap that appears in the office. People are in and out of it all the time so things appear and disappear off the floor and desk and bookshelves constantly. I dealt with the appearing stuff. Sorry, environmental people, but I added to the landfill today...but I made sure to recycle what I could. We put up a dry erase board, a cork board, a coat rack and some general decor. I am pleased with the outcome. It looks homey but, as my father warned me against, not like someone's den. My word is "inviting".

After office completion we lunched at Litton's, a symbol of dining traditon in our neck of the woods. That is not really necessary for this blog other than to make people go, "Mmmmmm. Litton's." We left with full bellies and walked off our meal at Target. The boy is going to his friend's birthday party tomorrow. It is a major milestone in his life: a Laser Tag party. He is beyond thrilled. So we had to get a present for his friend. Hex Bugs. I don't get them, but little boys love them. When we went to check out with a cart containing HexBugs and Target brand UnderArmour(soccer practice started today), we got behind another mother-daughter team. Lots of laundry detergent and catfood on their part of the counter. The daughter was kind of dressed in emo/goth clothes with super pink hair. I admired her sense of fashion. Her purse was by far the best part of her outfit. I couldn't get the camera activated on my phone fast enough. What a pity. It was a huge, black leather purse with cats all over it. Pink cats....with daggers...being used in a stabbing manner. It was spectacular. They were in a hurry and I was too big a chicken to ask where she had gotten it. Not that I like cats, but I figured maybe I could get a change purse with, I don't know, dogs with swords or revolvers? It could happen.

Soccer practice started tonight in the wind and spitting rain/snow/ice. The kids were bundled in about 6 layers each. They had trouble moving, but if the ball hit them they didn't much feel it. There were familiar faces and some new teammates to break in. I think it is shaping up to be a good season. But for now, I'll just try to fight off soccer related pneumonia and get some sleep. Have a good one!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: