Thursday, March 7, 2013

Numb fingers and pudgy penguins

If this offering is full of more typos than usual, I have numb fingers this evening. I knowyou all are going to be sick of hearing me say it, but I worked at the Picky Chick sale again today. Tomorrow I work a shift and take lunch and then my commitment will be complete. For all those who wonder, I work this sale for a couple of reasons. One, I enjoy seeing familiar faces twice a year. It is like a biannual homecoming where you clean out your basement, work a few shifts and make some cash. Some turn that cash into more clothes. I usually make that money our splurge stash. It pays for movie theatre trips and special tickets to shows, etc.. So because of that, I worked in check out tearing about 3 gajillion tags for the register ladies. It went okay, although I did have one customer talk trash to me for ten minutes and tell me that if she was late for her noon meeting it would be my fault. Okay...if that makes you feel better, lady.

After finishing up the morning duties, I got the children, went to the grocery store and came home tostart dinner and Operation Dress Like a Penguin. G's class has been all penguin all the time this week and tomorrow the exciting conclusion involves dressing in some sort of penguin garb. G did not want to go full penguin, but rather the CEO of everything penguin. She found a cartoon picture of the chilly bird and I did my best to recreate it in felt and put it on a shirt:




She gave it two thumbs up, so I'll take it. It's about bedtime...night all!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment