Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sad soccer-less girl

Okay, so the yucky stuff out of the way first. Went to the allergist and sae a NP we have never seen before. Nice enough lady, but you get used to certain people, you know? The boy has been going to that office since he was 2.5, so we have our favorites. Anyhoo, the NP said we have to bring the girl back in two weeks to have the superdy duper allergy testing. They need her to get all the antihistamines out of her body and some of the histamines to build back up. I find all of it very confusing, but I didn't get the medical degree and she did. S asked a question and regretted it the moment it came out of her mouth. "Can I still play soccer while I am waiting to come back?". We all know the answer to that question. Since she is at risk to inhale the same irritant again, she got a big, fat "no". Luckily, she'll only miss one game seeing as how we are off this weekend for Easter. I know lots of people have their issues with soccer. I get it. Lots of parents are anti soccer for all the reasons we see on TV every day. They push their kids too much and expect the sport to turn into college scholarships for their now 5 year old. We told our children they could have one sport for now. They need to be kids and have a life outside of practices. S lives and breathes soccer. She is a student of the game, lover of the strategy, competitor at heart. She lives and breathes the sport. I like to kick the ball hard and keep it out of the goal. This is where the two of us differ. Because of all these things, we are in for a long two weeks.

The two youngest went with me to do a little birthday shopping for a relative and a little sale shopping for next year. The Gap was a lively place to be this morning. Normally it is too rich for my blood although I love their clothes. Today I found a few clothes for the boy and got yet another chance to teach the children about staring at people who have put themsleves in odd situations. Mainly I am speaking of the robust woman, and I am not a small person myself, who walked into the store with a good three inches of where the good Lord split her showing. Ironically, they were looking at belts for their baby girl. I thought G would break her neck from turning her head away so quickly. But she followed one of the big rules of "Do not stare at people". Oh well. It all worked out. The boy is getting a Who t-shirt. No self-respecting fan can allow her son to go without one. Problem solved. Tomorrow holds work and a little Easter prep. Thursday and Friday will involve church as the girls will be participating in the services. S will be singing with choir on Thursday and G will be helping with the removal of the paraments on Friday. It's Tuesday...but Sunday's comin'.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment