Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday blahs all around

My last words to the kids, well second to last words, were, "Sleep in as long as you can. You need to sleep these colds away." Then I told them I loved them and then they went to sleep. This they chose to take to heart. THe boy woke up at 8, G at 9:20 and S at 9:50. When the hub went to wake her up, okay really check and see if she was still breathing, she said, "I'd like to finish my dream first." That has never worked for me, but more power to her if she can pull it off. She said it worked. After breakfast, well brunch, the kids went to enjoy a day of sloth. So sad for them. When I saw the state of their closet and blew a day before Easter gasket, the happy lazy day vibe was gone. Threats were leveled and the boy and I left the house. He needed an emotional break from the drama and I needed to not be a homicidal mother. Upon our return from Target , or as I'd like to call it the "Land of Crazed Bunny Busters", we found contrite girls and an exhausted dad. What a perfect time, then, to dye eggs. The kids grabbed the crayons and I got the dye. We didn't want to freeze outside, so we put newspapers out and decorated inthe floor:



They turned out nice. We seemed to have a lot of mustachioed eggs this year. Must be a new thing.

As the kids were getting ready for bed, the excitement was palpable. Sure, visits from a bunny are exciting. They are kids and enjoy that excitement. But all of them expressed excitement about hearing all the music and seeing the butterflies released and the general celebration of what Easter means to us. Sunday's almost here, friends. Sunday's almost here.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment