Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday TB ward

Well, the aftermath of enjoying fuzzy, slobbery exotic animals is upon us. One child went to bed last night coughing. One went to bed at a sleepover, so I don't know how she was. The boy has coughed for two weeks, so naturally he was coughing. G woke up coughing...so did the boy. S came home from her sleepover...the hub woke up coughing. We sound like a southern TB ward, nestled safely in the comforting atmosphere of a neighborhood. Because S is waiting on allergy testing, the doctor kindly provided us with a list of all the medicines that are no-no's before testing. Let's just say that there were at least 63 medicines she could not take. Motrin and Tylenol were basically it. Well and vapo-rub for her feet. Should be an interesting night tonight. I gave all of them instructions before bed to sleep in as long as they could. If they woke up and debated about going back to sleep, they were told to turn over and go back to sleep. We'll see.

G and I attended our Good Friday tenebrae service this evening. She had been asked to assist the pastors in the stripping of the altar. Her role was to carry out the Bible that was almost as big as she was. She took her job very seriously. This is the first year she really followed along in the Bible with the readings, showing shock at Peter's actions, hurt at what people did to Jesus. The look of disbelief in her eyes was heart wrenching. It seemed she was understanding just exactly what happened...and for the very first time. As a grown up, I can't hardly wrap my head around it all. As a mother, I think of Mary. Her knowledge of her son's fate...her instincts as a mother to fight every bit of what was happening. I cannot imagine....

As a user of social media(Twitter), I have already seen the jokes and warnings from those who fear or live in disbelief. A mother of one of the kids' classmates keeps putting up tweets about decorating eggs even though they don't celebrate "zombie Jesus day" and making fun of the "barrage of 'He is risen' announcements" she is going to have to endure. I have no right to judge anyone. It is a big enough job taking care of myself. It does make me sad to read those things when I have such a different perspective. I just pray for her and that is all I can do.

For now, I sit and wait in anticipation of the Resurrection. I look forward to hearing the Easter hymns and singing at the top of my lungs. Hopefully all the sick lungs in my house will be healed and ready to sing their loudest as well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. He is Risen Indeed!!

    Happy Easter to the Cook household!

    ReplyDelete