Sunday, March 17, 2013

Egg hunts and Hee Haw honeys

We were all worried about the rain holding out, but hold out it did and our Easter egg hunt after church was a roaring success.  The weather was absolutely beautiful.  I chose poorly and wore the wrong shoes for an extra busy day and have the blisters to show for it.  The kids were very efficient and got every egg put out there.  The boy missed his last year with his icky ear, so I saved a few out for him.  I felt a bit guilty about that...but not for long.  It was fun to watch the different egg hunting methods.  Some grabbed as fast as they could.  Some would pick one up out of a group of ten, then walk twenty feet to another egg, leaving the other nine behind.  One little guy shook each egg.  If it didn't sound and feel like it had the right filling, he dropped it back.  It was so funny to watch.  As much preparation it took to get ready, it was done in an instant and was time to go home.  My feet cried and took a bit of a nap.  Kids were fed and put to bed.  We came downstairs so the hub could get some work done.  I chose the tv program to watch.  I happened upon a channel I was not familiar with, but Hee Haw was playing so the decision was made.  I love me some Buck and Roy and the whole gang.  The hub, who did not grow up with such television gold was somewhat mesmerized.  It was not his first time viewing, but he still was unsure as to what to think.  I mean, when you view entertainment gold such as this, your life is changed.  I leave you with this, my favorite running skit:

No comments:

Post a Comment