Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why no caffeine free coffee?

I am a coffee drinker. What I am not is a coffee snob. But, alas, I cannot handle caffeine like most people. My Granny used to give me spoonfuls of her strong, sugary tea while my parents weren't looking. They always wondered why they needed to peel me off the ceiling every morning. So as an adult, I have had to learn to harness and control the evil power. Some days are better than others. As I have gotten older, I have found that I envy those people with the ability to consume their java java in the evening. If I committed such an act of insanity, I might as well pop some corn and watch an Andy Griffith marathon because I will not be going to sleep. So as I sit here and watch Jase, Jep and the Duck Dynasty gang go in the afternoon to drink double shots of espresso. I really want a nice warm cup of coffee to settle down with as I write, read my book or watch my formulaic cop drama. Decaf will not work, I'm afraid. Tried it. Watched infomercials until 3:30am. I think the hub would put his foot down in protest, because I am pretty evil when I am lacking sleep. Shocker, I'm sure. You know me...I'm all puppies and rainbows. Ahem...cough cough. No comments, please.

I will have my Tervis tumbler full of Keurig something tomorrow and will just have to dream of a day when caffeine free coffee can be sipped casually by yours truly while I read a book that my sixth grader has probably just finished. Living the dream, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment