Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mutual of Omaha's...okay, safari time again

Seeming to be a Spring break and Summer break and relatives in to visit kind of tradition, we took the children and found ourselves at the Briarwood Safari again today. It never ceases to amaze me to see these animals that I have seen on the Wild Kingdom and other shows just walking right up to be fed...by us. I was a bit disappointed that our timing was off with the bison and they were never where our wagon was on the trip. We fed them through the fence instead. For whatever reason, the elk loved S. All she has to do is sit there and they flock. You get the image of Snow White with all the birds landing on her hands and head and shoulders. S gets the slobbery elk right in her ear:



They have lost their antlers and are currently in the season of growing them back. Fred Two Feathers said the antlers will grow an inch a day. They are so fuzzy and soft. I think that was Dakota who was loving our girl. I'll take an elk over crazy eyes any time:



Those darn ostriches are a bit demonic looking. Loose cannons, I tell ya. The trip finished up with seeing baby fainting goats and a two day old Four Horned Sheep. Cutest thing ever. Looked like a stuffed toy. The boy has a bit to learn, even on his fourth trip there, about how to call animals over. He kept yelling, "Come to daddy! Come to daddy!". Oh my.

Well, as I have said before, if you need a neat place to visit and get an education go to Briarwood. It is our family's favorite special luxury daytrip. I'll leave you with my favorite picture of the day:




Everybody needs a water buffalo. How can you not love that face?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment