Friday, March 15, 2013

Cabinet doors and soccer roars

Oh to have a designer's skill for an hour...just an hour. SInce my parents are in town for my nephew's wedding, I asked them to accompany me to the kitchen design shop to look at the different cabinets, countertops and sinks we were considering. I broke down a few weeks ago and had our guy, Kevin, price out my dream cabinet color called "Kelp". It is kind of a greenish gray color. I love it so very much. But I fell somewhat out of love whe I saw how much more expensive it was than the Cocoa on maple that is my close second. We then took several other types and colors of cabinet doors home to check out. Now i am beyong confused. Having knotty pine walls and trim makes for difficult decisions. I am not the one who makes those decisions easily. I wish I had a special red "Kevin" phone that I could pick up and have him quickly arrive with three choices he feels are appropriate for the space and help me pick out the best option. That's not going to happen, but he did say that, when we make our fortune and ask him in to design everything in our dream home, he promises to have three choices for every room there. Promises, promises. Here are my two favorites, although they do not translate well in photographs:



This is the kelp, but it doesn't look right in the picture.



This is cocoa on maple. I love it. I cannot make a decision. I hate this. Just give me a big, deep farm sink, and tall faucet, cabinets with doors and a counter top that doesn't move.

After our stint at the kitchen shop, we had an evening of soccer practice. The soccer Saturday wheels have started turning, friends, whether we are ready for them or not. I approach the season with both anxiety and excitement. Outside time and exercise is needed around our house, but knee injuries and concussions are not welcome. The ER is going to dedicate a room to us if we don't slow the injuries down. Good grief.

Time for bed. Big weekend of games, wedding, church, egg hunts and more soccer. Hopefully sleep will get in there as well. Please.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: