Friday, July 11, 2014

Watch out for sneezes

When we saw the doc the day after surgery, he was giving us all of the do's and don'ts to ensure proper healing and minimize pain and bleeding and whatnot. In my no sleep haze, I asked him somewhat incoherently what to do about sneezing. "I mean, I can't imagine that sneezing will feel good after all of this. Any tips?". He laughed and told her to keep her mouth open when she sneezed. He made sure to warn us that it wouldn't feel good. Well, he was right. She followed his directions and sneezed through her mouth...which could be heard throughout the house. I've never actually heard someone genuinely scream whilst sneezing until today. It was painful to hear and certainly painful to her. She had to take a nap after that.

In other news, in two days my sweet G will be turning 10. I do not want to talk about it. My baby girl should not be nearing double digits and I refuse to admit it. So I won't talk about it anymore tomorrow. I have until Sunday to come around to it. So until then I will wrap gifts and hope that she will still hug and snuggle with me when she is a decade old. She better.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment