Monday, July 7, 2014

No sleep for me tonight

I know, I know. It's all about me. Just a little sick at my stomach tonight. My oldest goes in tomorrow to have "major sinus surgery" and an "adenoidectomy". This is nothing new for all of you who read the musings of this lunatic. There are lots of worse things that could be happening to her...it can always be worse. When you are growing up, your parents always say, "If I could take the pain on myself I would...I wish I were sick instead of you." As I child, I thought that was crazy talk. Now that I am a parent, boy do I totally understand where mine were coming from all those times. I hate that she has to go in there. Hate that she has to miss a chunk of her summer break to recover. Hate that she feels so self conscoius in advance for what she might look like post surgery. I have every confidence in her surgeon and the hospital that has taken such good care of her so many times. I just wish it didn't have to be.

Just send up a little prayer anf some positive thoughts for her. And especially pray that she will swallow her pride, drink the happy juice and enjoy the ride. Good night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: