Sunday, July 13, 2014

She's officially a decade

Our sweet G woke up a full decade this morning. I can't say that I am handling this birthday like an adult. I still see that sweet little face and twinkling eyes as she would take my face in her hands and give me sloppy kisses. She still does that today, but she's a little more world weary...a little more pre-teenagery. I took her and her sister to get mani-pedis this afternoon for her birthday treat. Build-a-Bear birthdays aren't quite as cool as they once were, but I was pleased that she asked for Legos. While she got zebra striped nails, her uncle(per her request) got a different color:



Purple sparkles. Somehow I think his students will get a kick out of them during advising hours tomorrow. G certainly did.

While I hate that she is getting older, I am so in awe of the girl she has become. She is a kindhearted, loving good kid and I enjoy being around her. Today she may be ten, but she will always be my baby girl. Love you, kid.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment