Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Home sweet home

Once again, we have felt the blessed relief that only comes when you leave the hospital and cross over the threshold of your own home, regardless of the fact that it is not completely in order. We were only there overnight this time, thank goodness, but last year's camp out in room 405 is still fresh in our oldest's mind. She got some stuff for her pain, her tummy and to prevent swelling and bleeding and infection. I bought a three pack of about a gajillion Kleenex for her perpetually bloody nose and some apple juice to keep her tummy somewhat happy with all the stuff draining down in there. I think she may have set a record for mashed potato consumption post op on heavy loopy meds. She got them in her mouth on the first try. Color me impressed. Hospital sleeping did not work out so great for me last night, so I was a pure joy and delight to be around, I'm sure. Argentina won the game, so that made things better. Sorry, this is even more random than usual. The beeps and flashing lights and nurse visits and PCA visits and bathroom visits allowed me two hours of sleep and limited abilities for rational thought.

Pray for the hub tomorrow as he travels to the Music City for his pre-op appointment. We are hoping he will get a surgery time tomorrow so we can plan a little better for the actual day. Poor guy is currently outside trying to fix our AC. The fan is not blowing any cool air into the house. Not good on many different levels. Oh well. The joys of home ownership.

Take care, all. Going to go check on the girls and see if I need to clean a bloody nose.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment