Monday, March 10, 2014

Time change rage

I don't know which time change messes me up more, falling back or springing forward. Right now, springing forward is about to mess us all up. My son, who really only cries if he get hurt, broke down this morning when a sister told him he was sitting in the chair she called shotgun on first. I got homw from taking the kids to school and realized even the dog had not weathered the early morning wake up call well. She curled up in a ball on the forbidden bench...I was so tired, I just left her alone. It seemed cruel to make her get up. She kind of sighed and gave me a "Thanks for leaving me alone" look. People in the grocery store and at work looked a bit foggy, just trying to get through the morning. Maybe it was just me, but the line to Starbucks looked extra long. I fell asleep in the pickup line again, what's new. My friend A made sure to wake me up in time. As we drove out of the school parking lot, we saw several moms and dads sawing some major logs in their cars. It was great.

For all my yawning and yapping about the time change, what a glorious sight it was today: children playing outside, running and wearing themselves out. The dog wore herself out. Their lungs got filled with fresh air...their hearts got pumping and their legs got running. Enjoying God's beautiful creation...the wonderful gift of springing forward. Sleep is overrated. Watching your kids enjoy nature? Priceless.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment