Monday, March 31, 2014

I had a bee today

I don't know if it was the caffeine from the pint of Kroger iced coffee I drank this morning or the fact that I tripped over a piece of the kids' luggage that I had been playing another game of cleaning chicken with for too long, but I got a major bee in my bonnet this morning. Major cleaning/straightening had to happen or mama's head was going to pop right off. I first made a trip to the grocery store where I procured the makings for dinner and healthy snacks for the week. I went home, prepared the roast for dinner, cleaned and cut up a bunch of celery and carrots and peeled a gajillion cuties. Done. Then I headed to the dungeon. Laundry was started. Then the dread came. Where do I start? Once the shelves started shaping up and items started going back in their places, the truth came out. Our little stockpile of cheez-its had depleted at an alarming rate and we were missing several juice boxes. Hmmm. Let's solve a mystery, shall we? Once one side of the basement was cleaned, I started on the other. The trash of used up dryer sheets and lint was starting to overflow, so I went to empty it. Hey, how about that. Did you know that juice boxes hide nicely under dryer lint? They do, but they leaked out juice from boxes that have been frozen and chopped open with an odd pair of lefty scissors from a random box of school supplies...the juice then leaked and molded into the bottom of the trash can that someone had neglected to put a new bag in after they strangely volunteered to take the trash out. All the pieces are coming together now. Not all the brood are involved in this little operation. I know exactly which ones are. Shifty little juice thieves they are. It is a flippin' miracle that we don't have a massive bug or mouse problem. I took a picture of the trash can with every intention of lputting it on here tonight. I couldn't do it...too gross. When school was out, we had a little discussion about how sticky attracts icky and it better not happen again.

At least half of the basement is clean. I can rest a little easier tonight. Yuck.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness there was no national emergency that required juice boxes and Cheeze its before the National Guard came with supplies.

    ReplyDelete