Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lucky number 7

Well it has happened again. My son has turned another year older...and I don't like it. Seven years ago, this sweet little ball of joy came into our lives. His delivery was a pretty darn trying one. I swear there were probably fingernail marks where he tried to stay in his nice little cave. The doctor was in no real hurry. He'd check every once in a while and then he and my "concerned" husband went back to their viewing of a glassblowing documentary on the Discovery channel. When he finally arrived, sunny side up, he was just perfect! Our Spring Break baby. For his birthday, we went to a new to us safari park, Circle G Ranch. He took a buddy and we went on our way to see a water buffalo, zebras, camels, various deer/antelope/goat like creatures and lots of pot bellied pigs. We all learned lots of facts, fed food pellets to the animals and got to pet some creatures. This one followed us everywhere:



Post safari we went to, wait for it, the Pizza Inn. Birthday boy gets his birthday meal wish. Before anyone jumps all over me, just know that I am a Christian and I am well into the Lenten season and the journey to the cross. This is one of the most soul searching and meaningful times of the year. That being said, I was taken by surprise when I saw this display on top of the salad bar:



Not usually the place I would usually expect to see a crown of thorns, but there it was. It never hurts to be reminded even in the oddest of places.

After a meal of pizza that did not involve OCD patrons or violent customers of any type, we went home for present opening and cake eating. The boy was very excited and grateful for each gift, playing with each one throughout the evening. His Avengers cookie cake was a big hit, setting us all to hanging from the ceilings with the icing's sugar content:



He is now resting comfortably, a newly turned 7 year old exhausted from a day of excitement. What a super kid he is growing up to be. It breaks my heart to realize how quickly he's grown, but I don't regret a single second spent with this coolest of kids. What a gift he is...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment