Saturday, March 8, 2014

My brain hurts from so much learning

We had day two of our LEAD Kids conference today. Again our speaker, Dr. Leanne Hadley, blew us away with her words. She spoke to us as equals and validated the importance of children's ministry and those who are passionate about being involved with it. She taught us how to provide sacred spaces for children to learn, to grow, to heal and to meet with God. I feel so blessed and honored to be charged with such a weighty responsibility. I also feel so honored to have spent some time with Dr. Hadley today. As my brain recovers, I will share with you more about our time with her.

After the conference convened and we had sufficiently cleaned up the aftermath of a two day conference, I returned home to a puppy full of kisses and a husband in the throes of soccer season work. The children had gone to do a Project Serve activity with their aunt and uncle and then to dinner. I miss them and can't wait for them to get home. I haven't really seen much of them since Friday morning. That is too long. They will arrival shortly in a whirlwind of activity I am sure. But for now, I am going to lay down and think about what I learned today. My brain needs to work it out so I can sleep. Springing forward is going to hurt tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment