Friday, March 28, 2014

I should know better

This has been a day of variety. I went to visit some seasoned citizens at a local assisted living home. So darn sweet, they were. One lady, as spry as could be, proudly told us she was a young 102. What a sweetheart! After visiting with them, the hub and I spent a good deal of time with our favorite kitchen designer, Kevin, and actually made final decisions and wrote a deposit check. That is forward progress, people. Write it down. Remember it. This is a big day in our family. We might have a complete kitchen someday soon.

After a dramatic night at the soccer fields (a girl on S's team dislocated her kneecap and had to be driven off of the field), the boy and I had a fancy date at Firehouse Subs while G was at a retreat for her singing group. They are now blissfully sleeping while I, like an idiot, am watching "Hannibal" by myself. Then I started tweeting comments to the creepy character Dr. Abel Gideon, just for fun, and he replied. Yes, I know it is ficitional, but it creeped me out. Then all of a sudden, the dog decided to readjust her bed in her crate down the hall. I jumped about five feet in the air and made a sound that resembled a cat that had a duck on its back and someone stepped on both of them at the same time. Think on that. If you need a demonstration, I'm sure I'll be up a while freaking out about what I just watched. Brrrr.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment