Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring soccer's eve

As of 3:30EST, it is officially Spring Break here in our fair city. Thank goodness. Even though we have more than our fair share of snow days, well snow and rain days, it has been a rough second semester for our family. I know lots of friends are feeling the same. While I would selfishly like to have a leisurely morning of sipping coffee, watching some reruns and hanging out in a worn out A&W root beer tshirt, I will be taking the dewey grassy walk to the soccer fields to watch the first games of the season. The boy's game has already been turned into a practice match. The strep virus knocked out the majority of the opposing team. At least they'll have the break to heal. The girls are pumped up and ready to go to soccer battle. G got some new blue and green polka dotted socks today, the new official socks for the newly named "Thunderbolts". S's team tends to stay with the traditional black socks. I don't know if they will give themselves a name or not...you know middle school girls. We have loaded up on sunscreen and bottled water, checked the soccer chairs and the sizes of cleats and shin guards. I am trying to plan my wardrobe in a responsible way so as to not suffer whatever the temperature or have to use one of my poor children as a child sized hot water bottle. As long as we can have an injury free season, I don't care about anything else. Winning is nice, but not when your child is sitting on the sidelines injured and watching it happen.

For now, I will watch my weekly dose of Hannibal and hope that I can sleep without messed up dreams. No guarantees there. Oh well. I have Spring Break to catch up on lost z's...and dream about severed ears and Hannibal the cannibal. Yuck.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment