Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday, sunday...

It's been a busy day and I am tired, but there are plenty of other moms who are as well. After a busy day working with the children, I went home to an empty house. Empty of humans. The crazy dog was there with mounds of laundry to be dealt with quickly. I don't mind laundry except for the socks and underwear. I hate sorting socks and underwear, though they give me the perfect and justifiable excuse to watch television to cut the monotony. Afterwards, I went to a missions meeting at church. Being the ADHD girl that I am, it is beyond torture to sit in a meeting of any length. I must say, though, that I am proud of my brother. He had a passion for our church to participate in a Stop Hunger Now Event. The thought of, in the course of 2 two hour shifts, we could bag enough rice/veggies/nutrients to feed 20,000 meals. To take a big bite, pardon the pun, out of the hunger epidemic in this world. I am so excited that our church will be participating. Bag some ricey stuff, fill boxes and then track your food to the country who will benefit. How cool is that? Because I have no shame, I will happily put the link to the event on here. While it is to be held at our church, it is not a Methodist event. Come and help no matter what your religion. If you are not affiliated with any religion, please come. No alarms will sound...just a bunch of people united together to end poverty. It is within our grasp. Here is the link:

http://events.stophungernow.org/FountainCityUMC

Feel free to visit the link and watch the videos. They are pretty cool. Thanks and have a great evening!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment