Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hell indeed has frozen over

The kids got home today. I was so happy to see their faces, but the transition back into the real world after being in shangri-la is always a tough one for them. The hub and I did enjoy having some time to do grown up stuff and practical things that turn into torturous events for kids 18 and under. Today I went to my happy place when thrown in the middle of 5,000,000,000,000 different flooring samples. I think our guy realized we needed to end our session and give brains a rest when I sat down on their nice old repurposed church pew, rubbed my eyes and ran my hands through my hair. We actually found some possibilities, but must wait for our kitchen guy to come back into the office. Sooooo, we headed back to the car and made our way to the next destination: the Apple Store...again. Our computer has been in its death throes for quite a while now and we needed to make a decision. The hub has built our PCs as long as I can remember, so this was a big step. We saw lots of our friends from yesterday's phone experience and they were friendly and interested as to why we were back. I even saw an old friend from my childhood who works there now. He looked very important and I never got to speak to him. Not sure if he was purposely trying to ignore me and honestly didn't remember...maybe somewhere in the middle. Oh well. Our guy, Coleman, was excellent and a Jack of all trades. He had the patience of Job as did my husband. In the end, he was making the decision for the children or that's what we decided to say. He will never be 100% Apple, but a large step was taken today. The kids are thrilled for sure.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment