Sunday, March 16, 2014

I love a good war movie

The hub and I are loners for a couple of days, so we are trying to get some not so kid friendly things done and get some viewing done of movies and shows that the kids wouldn't necessarily like. I want to see The Monuments Men. Not only does it have an interesting cast, but it is a good fight against the Nazis movie. Maybe it is because I am a tomboy, maybe because I have a big brother, but I love a good and well cast fight against the Nazis/bad guys war movie. Maybe I like them a little too much. I can remember sitting next to my brother, decked out in our Army surplus store fatigues or military coats and hats, settling down to watch The Dirty Dozen or The Great Escape or Kelly's Heroes. I must admit that I ordered the DVD of Stalag 17 for S for Christmas this year. We haven't watched it yet, but Spring Break is here. It's gonna happen. William Holden is the best.

Does my latest movie request get the best critiques? No. Is it getting 5 out of 5 stars? Nope. But it is based on a true story about brave men who went to save and preserve the beauty created by artists purely for us to freely enjoy and appreciate. The men who preserved what Hitler wanted so desperately to enjoy. I'm ready to watch...then I'll binge watch True Detective before the kids come home and things turn all Disney/Nick and angsty teen viewing. But we will watch the POW's in Stalag 17. Oh yes, we will.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment