Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's all Greek and magic to me

My oldest went to services at the Greek Orthodox Church today. It was another church visit to learn about different religions and how hers is similar or different. I wish I could have gone with her, but church days are my work days so not this time. Please let me say that I am in no way insulting this particular religion, just sharing about her visit. I think she really did not like the fact that she had to stand so much, that she felt like an observer rather than a guest and a less than. Every church has their different practices and rules and she understands that. Her ultimate comment was, "I'd rather go back to synangogue if I couldn't go to our church. They felt I was good enough to eat with and talk with and worship with. That means a lot." Enough said.

Because my husband with doing his soccer job, I had the pleasure of taking G to her magic lesson with Mr. Ed. I'm telling you what, friends. That man is the best. She practiced her rope trick and learned a card trick and how to shuffle the deck in different ways. I, of course, cannot give you any information about what she learned other than to see she is one lucky girl. Talk about getting to learn from a master. He has patented tricks, makes tricks for and is friends with major hardcore magicians. Just when we think we know every cool thing he does, we find yet another. But of all the cool things he does, the most magical is that he makes my daughter feel special and successful and cool....and that is the most wonderful gift anyone could give her right now. We are so grateful for our magical afternoons with Mr. Ed. He has no idea what powerful work he does each Sunday on the fragile self esteem of such a cool kid.

I must go now and watch the episode of Hannibal I missed and creep myself out for the evening. Always a good move. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment