Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blast from the past

It has been another crazzy day, but with some sweet things added in for fun. I went shopping today for my mom's birthday present. As I may have mentioned in the past, Mom's birthday is New Year's Day. Since it is a day when most of the population is either hungover, sleeping or lazy, her special day got forgotten a lot and she changed the day of celebration to April 1st almost 30 years ago. So I went to find her some fruit bowls to go with her new china. After asking the lady at one of the nice department stores if they had 2 fruit bowls, she seemed to have a hard time getting to the root of what I wanted. "We only have two. We'll have to order the other one." After telling her I only needed two, she again talked about ordering a third. I explained to her that she had two, my dad got her four more and my two would make the eight she wanted. "Oh you just wanted two. Yeah, I'm not really paying attention to much of what you say. Heh. Sorry." If I hadn't needed those two bowls so bad...oh well. After paying and walking past a dark sunglassed man in a fuzzy Russian hat talking to himself and smoking a foot long cigar out in the parking lot whilst leaning on a land barge of a Caddy, I decided I needed a trip out of the Twilight Zone and into happier, calmer places. So I went to Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop. I'm a pie snob, I'm not going to lie. My Granny was the pie making master! I must say that their little pie was awfully tasty. It took the edge of the fruit bowl, Russian mafioso in the parking lot experience. Pie cures most ills.

As I was searching through my pictures on the ipad, I found one of my favorite pictures of all time. Many years ago, S and G had been charged to clean up the basement. As always, the cleaning turned in to a fight. I called them up to eat a meal or something. When I went to the basement to do some laundry, the kids' easel had a clear message:



I still hee haw every time I see that. They fight like cats and dogs, but those girls love each other for sure. True story.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment