Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Worried but grateful

Today I am grateful. Worried but grateful. We got a call from my aunt today about her oldest son, my 1st cousin. He and his family live on the water. What a wonderful experience to have growing up, enjoying such a wonderful environment. Yesterday evening they went out in their boat. The details are unclear, but there was an accident. The kids are physically okay, but I'm sure will have some worries and fears from the experience. My cousin and his wife are currently in the hospital having received severe lacerations from the boat's prop. She will hopefully be discharged tomorrow, but will have to be with family in a home with few stairs. He will be in the hospital a bit longer as his wounds have not been closed yet and the fear of infection is great. My aunt and uncle are steeped in worry, not sure what they should do. I think they fear they'll be in the way, but I know they just want to see everybody's faces in person and know for themselves that they are okay. Distance and time can be evil and give the mind opportunity to think of all the what ifs. Evil what ifs.

I ask for prayers for all of them, for no infection, little pain and swift healing of the bodies and the minds. I pray we know how best to help them from afar. Thanks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: