Friday, July 12, 2013

Trying to understand people

I have been running about on several errands today, you know, mom stuff. This week has been a busy one with meetings for work and outside interests, kid appointments and squeezed in fun time. Whilst among the English this week, I have made some observations. Believe me, I am not perfect by any means. I just have some questions.

1. I have to admit, when without pockets and a purse, I have occasionally taken to sticking my cell phone inside my shirt in an undergarment. TMI? probably, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Today I saw a young lady carrying a purse, wearing a halter top and shorts with her cell phone (one of those Galaxy ones that look slighty smaller than an ipad mini) stuck right in the haltery-bra top positioned in such a way that the young man checking her items out messed up the order about five times. Maybe that was the intended purpose. Again, no judgement. Just confusion.

2. Did people not listen in American History when they were talking about the Declaration of Independence? If I had to hear someone say, "Put your John Henry on this copy..." one more time, I was going to have my head pop off. John Henry was a steel driving man. John Hancock had the huge signature and the life insurance/mutual fund company to identify him.

3. Last rant for the evening. I go on the Twitter. Yes, friends, I do. I enjoy it as a safe way to check on your favorite celebrities and keep up with what the kids are doing these days. But, for the love people, if I have to see someone Tweet ot text "prolly" for "probably" one more time, my faith in the grammar of today's youth will seriously be in question. I even received it in an email from a highly educated person. My head almost popped off.

Yes, I am so perfect. I say "libel" instead of "liable". I totally related to about 1/3 of what Joey on "Friends" meant when he messed terms up...mostly because I had done it myself. People are funny and isn't that what makes our world so interesting?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment