Saturday, July 13, 2013

Twas the night before camp

My G turned the big 9 nine today. I can't believe it. Seems like yesterday this sweet pink little bundle of pure love came to into our lives. She was the happiest little girl I've ever seen. We have been so very fortunate to have her in our lives and I cherish every second with her.

We woke her up with breakfast in bed, had a magic show party, went to a housewarming party for a little bit, visited family and enjoyed a tasty birthday drive in dinner with a beloved friend, no, adopted family member. My feet are close to falling off. I don't want to see anymore cake or snacks or bright colored candies for a while. I did not eat these things, but I have seen them more than I cared to this last week. Tonight I am finishing up my notes to put in the girls' bags. S leaves on her first middle school mission trip, her first time away since her "significant health incident". That is a bit unnerving to me as her mother. G leaves for her first full week at camp. She was ready the last two years, but the camp has their rules. A week is a long time, but she is soooo very ready. She needs some time in the woods to be with God and nature. I am so excited for her. Let's just hope that they both have wonderful experiences. I'm sure they will.

Well, pleasant dreams and goodnight to all. Send some Happy Birthday wishes to my sweet girl:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Happy 9th Birthday, G! You have to really grab life by the tail this year, because it's your last year in single digits.
    Hope camp goes well, I loved camp as a kid. Hope she does better at making blueberry pancakes than I did, ended up with blueberry play-doh.

    ReplyDelete