Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mom tummy

My girls left this afternoon. Well. one left and one was taken somewhere and left...wait, that sounds bad. S left for her mission trip today and we dropped G off for her third year in a row at camp. I know they will be fine. They are with people I trust or at a place I trust. But even though I trust their "handlers", I still get "Mom Tummy". Do you know what that is? When your child gives you that "I'm excited but I am really nervous and my tummy is sick and I'm going to not look like I'm nervous about having another 'severe health crisis' while in front of my friends and strangers" kind of face and then you tummy lurches and you have to resist the urge to run and scoop them up and wrap them in bubble wrap. Or you get to camp and because you registered two weeks prior, the college student can't find your child's name on their list and then it is on another list and then you get her to her assigned cabin and they are not expecting her and make you concerned that she might fall through a crack and be left in the woods and forgotten and then you feel your tummy lurch and feel the urge to go running for the bath house. She's fine though. The hub emailed about the snafu and received a very prompt and apologetic message back saying everything was fine and she was expected there and they just checked on her and she was playing with her new friends. Then the mom tummy gets a little break.

I am so proud of both of them and I miss them already. What am I going to do with all my free time, people have asked? Well, I am going to do some deep cleaning and prepare for my sweet heartbeats to return...and maybe watch the channel of my choosing once. Living the dream, friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment