Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The dog's a no show

I am very tired and at the end of a very long day. Tuesdays are always work days and staff meeting. I felt so bad having my kids in child care, not that it is bad...just not with their friends and all that. So when I friend called and asked if I would like to meet at the park and play late afternoon after work, my mother's guilt kicked in and I agreed. So eager was I to give the kids something fun to do, I totally forgot that S had an allergist appointment today. This was one of those appointments that we really kind of needed to have what with all the recent events of the past few months. Yeah. Way to go there, idiot. Oh well. I shall call and grovel tomorrow. I may even cry. I feel like doing it now.

This evening I took S and a friend to church to help our youth director do a mission project for some elementary schoolers. A UT sports historian was coming to speak at a church wide event and the school's mascot dog was coming for a photo op with the kids. After the photo op, the kids were to go for the mission project. Well, sad news. The dog was a no show. Details are sketchy, but I know there were some pretty sad faces and ticked off adults. So we had to fill some extra time by playing various mutations of Red Light, Green Light and cheer kids on in their attempts to dig to China in the sand. One got very close, either that or she hit the original black plastic put there in 1983. Either way, good show!

I'm off to bed now, I guess. Missing appointments and blue tick hounds has left me frustrated and sleepy. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment