Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh no, avocado

So, I think there are seasons with everything. With hobbies, with television shows, even with friendships sometimes. Tonight, I've determined that my season has come and gone with...avocados. When S went through her "significant health event", she had to be on a low fat diet. When we met with the GI doc's nutritionist, she said she could have some foods that had good fats in them, like avocados. My child was beyond thriled because this meant she could have guacamole. The kid loves that stuff. So we went to Salsarita's immediately after the appointment and purchased what seemed like a vat of the stuff. I restrained myself and only had a little. Pretty darn tasty. Fast forward to Sunday. We decided, since our tomatoes were coming in, that we would have BLT's for dinner. I mean, bacon makes most things better, right? Even if it is veggie bacon or tofubacon or faux bacon. Strolling around Kroger's produce section, I saw avocados. You know, that sounds good...bacon and tomato and avocado and spinach(that's our "L"). So I got a few and tried it. Wonderful...just wonderful. We fried enough bacon that we were able to have leftovers for the next day. Just as succulent the next day. So tonight I decided to have another one to accompany my not so nutritious chicken tender dinosaurs. I can't hardly talk about it now. My stomach has been in knots and I have been on the verge of spewing since about 6pm. While I know it is very likely the chicken tenders, I think the mixture of the two was a less than wise choice. Kind of like the time my Granny decided to mix melon balls of various types with Dunkin Donut Munchkins. You think, healthy with the not so healthy. She was sick all night. So I think that in the Byrd's alternate lyrics for "Turn, Turn, Turn" they probably say: A time for hot dogs a time for slaw. A time for eggs but not for egg nog...a time for av-o-ca-dos...a time to refrain from guacamole...". McGuinn and Crosby might have liked that version. My untapped talent.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment