Friday, July 26, 2013

Trees down and almost Philly bound

Today we woke up to a beautiful sunny day. We haven't had so many of those this summer and my mood brightened at the sight of it. I then remembered that the tree guys were coming to help rid our yard of some insurance nightmares. I had saved out a little mad money to take the kids to Panera, thinking we had plenty of time before our guys came. We opened the garage door to find three men in orange vests, tanned skin and very white smiles waiting for us. I took one of them around back and showed him the two trees, draped in pink marking tape thanks to the hub. There was a bit of a language barrier, but after a bit of pointing and sign language we had an understanding about which trees were to go and where the chipper could stay. Sweet men for sure. Still feeling a bit nervous with the communication issues, I flew like the wind to Panera to get breakfast to go. We arrived home in time to watch the whole preparation of the first tree. After the first crank of the chainsaw, the kids lost their nerve and had to go to a different room. I watched with great interest:



Didn't want them to think I was a total weirdo, so that was as good a picture as I could get.

S is getting ready for her very first choir tour as a middle schooler. She is beyond excited. After a few stops, they will be going to Philly and Amish country and lots of exciting places. I could only hope she could see some Amish guys who look like Alexander Godunov or Viggo Mortensen...but then we don't want a "Witness" situation while she's in a bathroom at the Independence Hall tourist center. Sorry, went a little 1985 film on you all. She's been plenty of places without us, but this will be the farthest she's ever gone without a family member. I know she'll be fine. I'm a nervous mom.

On a completely different note, if you will, please keep my cousin and his wife in your prayers. No sign of infection yet, but the fear is still there. We are so very thankful things weren't worse. So very thankful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment