Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'll understand it better by and by...

I don't claim to be an expert on anything, quite the opposite really. I go to church every Sunday and would even if I didn't have a job there. I certainly don't claim to know and understand everything about God and how He runs the universe. I question Him a lot...more than I should, but that is what makes me a human, I guess. So when I got the text this morning at 2:48 that Baby Drew suffered no more and had gone to claim his new heavenly body, I rolled over, laying there for a long time and trying to understand how something like this could have happened. That sweet faced little warrior who inspired so many of us with his strength and determination. His precious family has been so strong, so beyond faithful. I hang my head in shame for all the bellyaching I do for insignificant and stupid things. This family praised God in the midst of the storm and for things I found above and beyond my human understanding.

As you go to bed tonight, I ask that you say a prayer for the Ballinger family. They are going to need lots of love and support. I am also saying a prayer of praise for baby Drew. In his short life, he touched the lives of so many. Heaven's a little bit more joyful today with him there....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Vince Gill's song Go Rest High on that Mountain has been constantly running through my head I read about his heart. It's impossible to understand all the pain in this fallen world. God is God and I am not.

    ReplyDelete