Thursday, July 11, 2013

He's "gibbon" me a headache

My feet and legs are aching. I am dragging like a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of a shoe. I did, however, end up taking 10,134 steps today, according to my pedometer. Mowing the lawn and walking the zoo will do that to a person. I took the kids to the zoo today to get outside for a while. This bright yellow round thing was appearing in the sky and we needed to get out and remember what it was all about. It wasn't very busy there which was a blessing, so the kids didn't have to fight to see the popular animals. We did have a near miss situation during the "Animals In Action" show when the scarlet macaw or parrot or whatever it was flew from its little box and clipped the back of G's head with its wing. We'll work it out in the therapy later...she'll be okay. We also watched the always animated and very loud gibbons. The boy loves to run and chase them from window to window:



The boy "Whoop whoop whooooppped" the whole way home. That is so enjoyable...kind of like when we leave camp and they sing the same camp songs all the way home. Sigh.

I was able to get all but one fifth of the forest cut before the mower ran out of gas and the flash monsoon started. That didn't stop middle school soccer drills, though. As the first venture back into the world of competitive physical sports, S did okay. She was a sweaty, exhausted and muddy mess but enjoyed a lovely homecoming with her teammates.

Hollywood Game Night is on now and I am strangely enthralled with watching Matthew Perry's annoyance at Martin Short's transformation into a Robin Williams-esque attention hog. Yes, I over think the dumbest things. Night.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment