Saturday, July 6, 2013

Heavy hearted

It has been a cruddy day here today.  Rain and rain and more rain.   I'm frankly surprised that we haven't floated away, our house a big boat floating through the neighborhood.  The morning consisted of some unwanted shopping, looking for cheap clothes to get the kids for camp and a mission trip.  This task did nothing to help the mood.  But frankly, I can't really complain about anything that has happened today or any day.  For those of you who follow this blog, I know you have heard me speak of Baby Drew and the struggles he and his family have faced in the past several months.  His poor heart has taken a turn for the worse, irreversable even.  He and his entire family have shown such faith and grace in the face of such worry and sadness.  I feel inadequate to speak for them, so I will put the link to their Caring Bridge site and ask that you read their words:  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/leanneballinger/journal

There is one last thing I would like to say.  I have several friends who have been faithful prayer warriors, silently grieving with this family during this time of sheer hell.  These friends have experienced similar loss, having to suffer heartbreak and agony with the loss of a child.  I know that with every update, every turn of the roller coaster, their hearts break and old wounds that never completely healed become raw again.  I pray that all who have scars on their hearts, whether brand new cuts or those healing over for several years, can feel the energy and power of the love from those of us who love them.  

Night all...and send some extra prayers up for those whose hearts are breaking open...and those still feeling the scars that may lighten but never, ever leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment