Monday, July 22, 2013

Mother? Can we have chocolate cake?

Preparations have been underway this weekend and especially today for the hub's birthday tomorrow. It is going to be the big 4-0...but don't tell anybody. Oh who am I kidding? He's going to need all of our help to get through this one. I think he's dreading it as much as I did last year. The girls have wrapped his presents, the kids have made some surprises. I just hate that he has to work tomorrow. He has made a request of chocolate cake. I can't think of cake without Bill Cosby, especially when I pull it out of the oven. The kids slithered into the kitchen, doe eyed and angelic, saw me making the icing and immediately started making promises and deals. The phone rang, which I personally think they orchestrated, and when I returned there were Cupie doll looks all around with little bits of chocolate on mouth corners, cheeks and noses. Not too slick, I must say. Luckily for the hub I am not really much of a chocolate person and only view it as a vehicle that takes me to the peanut butter. He need not worry about snacking from me.

Besides always being able to remember the Prince of Cambridge's birthday for the rest of his life(HAHA See his rant about that on Twitter), I hope that his adventure into his forties will be better than he ever thought possible. He's a quiet one, but so very funny and just an all around nice guy. Tweet him a "Happy Day" or text him a "Time for your Geritol?" tomorrow. He'll need the laugh.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment