Monday, July 15, 2013

I want a do over...and my babies

Today I woke up with quiet. It was alarming. I turned over, thinking the boy had crawled in with me. Nope. When I wiped the sleep out of my eyes , I remembered they were all doing important stuff. So I got up and readied myself for the day. Then I started the process of cleaning up the girls' room and readying it for their return. The boy's room will be next, but I need to rehydrate first. Their closet is a sauna. I worked on the bathroom as well, nearly gassing myself to death with Mr. Clean fumes. Good gosh. For someone so clean, he is awfully toxic. Luckily the hub didn't have to come home and find me having sadly succumbed to the fluorescent green fumes.

I also learned that today was not the day for me to send any texts or emails or make any phone calls or answer any. I sent an email to the wrong person, called the wrong person and had a conversation via text that didn't go too well. After the last phone call, I just put my head in my hands and cried. I'm not trying to get symphy, empathy or any other type of "-thy"...I just hit my limit. I'm worried about lots of things and lots of people and lots of situations. Pray for Leanne and Mike and Nate and the Ballinger and Wise families. I just feel so heavy for them. So very heavy. Thursday is the funeral...please pray them through that day and right on through every day after that for a long time.

S called us this evening to check in on day one of her mission trip. She is having a good time and was very tired. She sorted clothes and did some other things. They were on their way to a scavenger hunt. I so hope that her experience will light a fire under her for a lifelong love of mission work.

Bedtime is coming and I am ready. Tomorrow is going to be a hellish day, I fear.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment