Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weird things I've learned this week

It has been a long and strange week. I mean not anything out of the ordinary, but just full. Here are some things I learned this week:

1. If you see something that looks like fish roe in the toppings section of your trendy frozen yogurt shop, step away...step away.

2. Pizza Inn and my family should never mix.

3. Lunch out with coworkers is exponentially more stressful when you throw the new senior pastor and two of your children into the mix.

4. The idea of glasses, for a seven year old, is much more exciting than the actuality...even if they are Vera Bradley.

5. When you go blueberry picking after a "bad judgement" blueberry picking incident in sandals involving a spider bite, staph/strep infection and a 4 day hospitalization, everybody's a comedian asking, "Did you wear proper footwear".

6. My intelligence level, according to the golf tee game at Cracker Barrell, will forever be stuck in "Ig no ray moose" status.

7. I wish I felt as free to express myself on the dance floor as my daughters.

8. I realize the term "Bust a move" is one that I probably shouldn't use to the 10 and under crowd unless I'm ready to have a conversation.

9. When you walk past a lady in Lowe's who says to someone on her phone "Your car's in a creek? Why?", you want to follow her around the store and find out what happens next.

10. When you decide to throw away a raggedy wicker trash basket, make sure your child is emotionally attached to it like it was a pet.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. No one has a greater ability to make you feel old like a child. Cheers, from a fellow moose.

    ReplyDelete