Friday, July 27, 2012

My children have lost their minds

We are sitting here in the family room currently watching the Parade of Nations at the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. My children have had a relatively lazy day. They slept in a bit, had a bagel breakfast, ate a rare workweek lunch with their dad



and watched a movie while they digested their food. An afternoon of sloth, but they had a busy day yesterday and kind of needed it.

Now, after a snack supper of popcorn and Danny Boyle's interpretation of England, they are exhausted and laughing hysterically from being up way past their bedtime and hearing country names that they can't pronounce. No, they are not racists or xenophobes, they are sleepy kids.

On another note, my dread at the nearing of the start of school got a little stronger today. The boy's new backpack came from LL Bean, via UPS, and we decided to label his supplies. This idea then turned in to the labeling of all supplies and then the scrutinizing over what supplies to label and not label for our upcoming 6th grader. After repeatedly tasting bile in my mouth and wanting to curl up into the fetal position, the task was finally done:



Well, it is done until we get the blasted supplemental lists from their individual teachers. Then I will have to sell a kidney to complete the purchases.

The kids are snug in their beds, the hub is laying on the floor sawing logs and I sit here repeatedly reminding myself that G lost a tooth and the Fairy and I need to have a meeting before my bedtime.



The Hungarians just came by and I learned that they are masters in water polo. That's enough for me. I'll watch the recording in the morning....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment