Friday, July 13, 2012

Let me catch my breath...she's 8

Today my sweet G turned 8. I can't believe it. She is such a cool kid and I am so very proud of her. She had very specific requests for her birthday day...very opinionated.

As is tradition in our family, the birthday girl was awakened to singing and a breakfast in bed:



She had requested pancakes, so I did my best to get creative with the shapes. Jim's Pancake website gave me inspiration:



Happy and sad pancakes to greet the kids.


The creation affectionately call "Frankenpancake". His mouth was sewn shut, but he sure was tasty.

After the early breakfast, the kids piled back into our bed and watched the original "Freaky Friday" while I snoozed. G took birthday calls, gleefully answering the phone. Later we got dressed and went to Starbucks. They were having free healthy drinks, one per customer, so we went to sample:



G said, "Free things are nice, but after tasting that I'd rather pay for some of your coffee.". Wow, well, wow. Starting her early, I guess. We took it easy this afternoon since the boy is still not well. Dinner was tasty and loud with a less than pleasant singer trying to hit the big time in a hole in the wall Mexican eatery. We came home and G enjoyed her requested cake, an Avengers cake:



Then, in the strange twist of the evening, the kids started trying on old military garb. That's what most 8year olds do on their birthday.



Can it get any cuter than that? Or how about this:



Yeah, we're weird. But I love that we are. I love that the birthday girl is not only a funny girl, but she is a kind and compassionate young lady. Happy Birthday, sweet girl.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment