Monday, July 30, 2012

Boy does God have a sense of humor!

Tonight I took G back to school clothes shopping. I chose to do it seperately for the safety of my child and the sanity of all who know me. I was born XX-s, a girl minus the shopping gene. If it is for a book, movie or music...let me at it. Otherwise, let me do it an get it over with. This week will go eerily like last week, but I know it will not go as smoothly. We found some clothes, but G is a tomboy like her mother and is very particular in her tastes. It also makes it difficult to find clothes when the music they play in the store is so funky and you turn around to find your 8 year old doing the sprinkler dance move in the aisle. Or the running man in front of the dressing rooms. Or her version of the Dougie as we are matching shirts with the colors in her skirt. At first it was funny, hysterical even. Then it got to the point where I was threatening to leave her at the store. The sad revelation I had was that I do the same thing to my mother now. Well maybe not the sprinkler, but I sing every song...and not always in my inside voice. Oh how we reap what we sow.



We survived it and are even sill speaking afterwards. As much torture as it is, it is still one on one time. And for me and my sweet daughter, that together time is worth it. Even if I had to give in and do the sprinkler with her...which I did.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment