Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mmmmm...

I have had a boring, rainy, boring, rainy day. Still sick boy=no outside activities for us. The kids were craving comfort food to eat while playing never ending games of Memory. Sausage balls seemed like the perfect choice and luckily I had some in the freezer. These are my go to appetizer or brunch offering...I can make them in my sleep. I won't go into the great "Circle 6 Sausage Ball Size Debate" of '06 or whenever it was. Let's just say that people are very opinionated about the size of their sausage balls(go ahead and insert blue joke here). I have been the family member commissioned to make these tasty delights since I was in middle school. I love them, but they give me instant heartburn. I will share my recipe, which is probably identical to every other one out there.

Sausage Balls

3-5 cups of Bisquick(I use 5)
1lb of uncooked sausage
1lb of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

I put the cheese and sausage in my mixer with the dough hook attached. I used to do all of this by hand until I realized how handy the hook is. Gradually add the Bisquick. The more you get in there, the fluffier they become. After the mixer loses its effectiveness, use hands to complete mixing. I make mine the size of a large marble or gumball...maybe a tad bigger. Because I make double and triple batches, I don't roll them all. I take the dough amount and squish it until it is in the right shape. Bake at 400 for 10minutes or until browned. So very tasty!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: