Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lazy Sunday...kind of

After getting maybe three hours of sleep last night and then working this morning, I was ready for a lazyish Sunday. I really do not ever learn. After hyping the boy up on Xopenex, we left out from the ranch in search of properly sized soccer gear. These kids are growing so fast, we can't keep up. We headed to our favorite store, The Soccer Post, to get all geared up. The boy had grown the most, so he was upgrading his cleats, shin guards and ball. S was due for new shin yards and a new ball. G, sadly for her gladly for us, did not need a thing. She had upgraded mid season in the Spring. She enjoyed the freedom to practice goal kicks in the store...yes the have a goal. Why all the soccer frenzy with some summer break still on the calendar? The kids start their Challenger Sports soccer camp tomorrow. This is when the young and beautiful girls and guys from the UK come to teach the kids skills to help improve their soccer game. All three did it last summer and absolutely loved it. It was such a wonderful experience. The kids loved running around, playing with people who had funny accents. The parents loved watching the kids improve their skills, learn about the international impact of the sport they love....and I'll be honest, I loved hearing the accents. Especially the heavy Welsh accents.

Tomorrow begins an exhausting week, but it will be fun. In the meantime, I am going to relax and watch Alton Brown cry on Food Network Star. I love watching him and have choked up at every preview for this blasted show. I need to watch this and know who made him sad...because I have no life.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment