Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Well I'm an idiot

Lots of strange things went on today that are way too hard to explain. One of the highlights of the day was getting to use my new Keurig coffee maker this morning. My Tervis tumbler was filled with French Vanilla to the oohs, ahs and delight of my children. Uh, yum and yay for a little caffeine pick me up.

I had to go to my favorite store, Williams-Sonoma, to get a gift. My children had just come from being at the pool for lessons and play. They were ravenous as we all are after spending time in the pool. I should have known better than to proceed. Once they found out our destination the cry of "Free Samples" came from the backseat. What sad faces they had when we arrived to find an empty platter. As hard a they tried to be good, the shiny treasures and ultra expensive appliances were too much to resist. I looked to find the boy demonstrating how his buddy's dad squirted whipped cream right in his mouth using the $30 stainless whipped cream dispenser. He was disappointed it was empty. They then spotted what appeared to be free samples, only to find that they were seconds away from taking a mouthful of various dry rubs for barbecuing. Maybe I should have let them try some. Lesson learned. I know they were bothering me more than they were bothering anyone else, but their movements were very covert, but I'm so on to them. The store had their rude staff in today, so the lady practically ripped the box from my hand when she saw I was carrying it. "Are you actually going to buy that?". Um, well, that's up for debate right about now. I was rushed through checkout, snapped at when giving them my email address. They at least were kind enough to offer the kids a sample of ice cream. When I declined a sample after explaining that my cold had robbed me of my sense of taste, she turned her back on me with a "Whatever.". The kids pulled a sample recipe card from every single display and I didn't grump at them at all. I don't care too much for retail attitude. I quickly thought of going to the Apple Store, but as hungry and tired as they were, I knew better. They are good children. Sometimes I forget they are children and expect them to be adults. My mistake. I must make a confession here and now. As the mother of a little boy, I have sometimes had a moment of weakness. After being at the pool, my son uses the bathroom like he has taken in a quarter of it. We often have the discussion of you do NOT drink the pool water. He hasn't grasped the concept yet. So when we arrived at the mall, he was in bad shape bladder wise. The hopping in place began inside the car and running in place began on the asphalt. I opened both doors to shield him and let him go. I know I created a biohazard in the parking lot, but I was honestly shocked. I started counting, it took so long. If it was a half gallon, would not be shocked at all. Will he hate me some day if he ever reads this? Probably, but it's out there. Just add it to his therapy bill.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment