Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lovely evening for a wedding

Today we made a trip to Lowe's for a Kid's Workshop. I am not ashamed to take advantage of any opportunity for my child to make something for free AND hone her hand tool skills. Some parents have a tendency to make it more of a "Parent's Workshop and Yelling Session", pounding their two year old's ego by criticizing the way they hold a hammer or incorrectly use wood glue. I do like to have my kids learn the correct way to use a tool, but when the tool weighs more than their arm? Come on.

After completely short circuiting my brain with kitchen cabinet options at Lowe's(my Mom's Workshop), we felt it necessary to give the dog a spa treatment...complete with mani-pedi, shedding and a bath:



She was not overly impressed, but was about 10 pounds lighter after all that hair was gone.

We quickly cleaned up and went to see the beautiful wedding of our friend, Christina. What a beautiful ceremony and a bride who looked like a princess! The reception was a hopping place with wonderful food, a lavender lemonade that I need to get the recipe for and a photo booth. We all had a great time being silly and sending our love to the happy couple. The bride tore it up on the dance floor and so did lots of others. S was almost ready to break it down, but I think she got a little self conscious. Before you even ask, I did not display my super dance moves this evening. But let me be clear, I may be a big girl but I can bust a move when necessary....just not when Mucinex-D is impairing my balance.

Many years of happiness to the happy couple. It was a lovely evening and we were honored and blessed to be there.

Time for bed and some heavy allergy meds, with dreams of lavender lemonade and princesses dancing in my head.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment