Monday, June 25, 2012

Saving money is going to kill me

We are in the beginning stages of a kitchen remodel. We were given a number on Saturday that didn't stop my heart, but knocked me into a state of reality that is still sinking in. Trying to think of ways to save even pennies dominates my thoughts right now, so I decided to pick up the coupon binder again and get serious. I have already determined that I do not possess the patience or time to be on a TLC show, so I'm taking some of the pressure off. As one coupon guru said, "Saving money is important, but my time is valuable also. If couponing makes me neglect or take time away from my family, then it is just not worth it.". Amen, sister. Forty years of deodorant and toothbrushes for life are not worth a divorce. So in order to get into the coupon mood, I clipped them the whole time the kids were in the pool. Wayne the lifeguard laughed at me, but mama gots to pay for the Y membership...and that extra deep drawer cabinet for my stock pot. You want to see the current state of our family room? Here you go:



Now if I can just decide whether to organize by category, alphabetically, aisle, store vs manufacturer...etc etc. All I know is, I'd better get on the ball before the dog comes in here in a spiteful mood. They will getting picked up out of the yard with a shovel and a stick. Yuck.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment